Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 30 Mar 1851, Coed Y Cadno, Llanvihangel Pontymoile, Monmouthshire. 75
• Occupation: General servant, 30 Mar 1851. 75
• Residence: Penpedairheol, Gelligaer, Glamorgan, 6 Oct 1868, Penpedairheol, Gelligaer, Glamorgan. 57 I believe she moved here after her husband's death (John Pitt) in 1865, since her sister was living in the area at this time.
• Education: Unable to sign her name, 8 Oct 1868, Gelligaer Parish Church, Gelligaer, Glamorgan. 4 Since left her mark, rather than signature when married.
Sarah married John Pitt, son of John Pitt and Unknown, on 25 Jun 1853 in St. Woolos' Church, Newport, Monmouthshire.4 (John Pitt was born circa 1818 in Chelworth, Wiltshire 34,42 and died on 9 Aug 1865 in Glascoed, Monmouthshire 11.) The cause of his death was Small pox (varisla).
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Census, 1861, Pantau House, Glascoed, Monmouthshire. 42
Sarah next married James Williams, son of Walter Williams and Rachel Morgan, on 6 Oct 1868 in Gelligaer Parish Church, Gelligaer, Glamorgan.73 (James Williams was born circa 1834 in Lanvihangel, Monmouthshire 43.)
Sarah had family in Gelligaer parish, which was part of the Merthyr Tydfil registration district. It is quite possible that she was living in this area at the time, since her first husband, John Pitt, had died 3 years earlier, leaving Sarah with a young family to bring up alone.